Curate For PopShops is a tool that allows you to search through a selected list of merchants’ products and publish these products to your website as monetized showcases. Below, please find step by step instructions on how to create galleries of products, design a showcase, and publish the code to your site.
To download this Step by Step Guide to Curate For PopShops as a PDF file, please click HERE!
Step 1: Catalog Creation
Please click on the Curate tab from the top navigation bar in your PopShops publisher dashboard and select “Curate Catalog” from the dropdown list. The catalog which opens is the default catalog for the account and also the catalog of merchants which powers Curate. Here, you can add or delete merchants from the catalog. You can find merchants by entering a merchant name into the search box or utilizing any of the drop-down filters. When you find the merchant program you wish to add, click on the check boxes to the left. Please note, the Products box must be selected in order for that merchant’s products to be available in Curate for PopShops. Once selected, it will take up to an hour for that merchant’s products to appear in Curate. Changes are saved automatically.
Step 2: Selecting Products
A. Building a Regular Gallery
Open the “Build a Gallery” page from the Curate dropdown menu in your dashboard. Here you will see the Curate For PopShops tool.
1. In the Browse section of the Curate tab, you can search products by keyword or specific product identifier numbers including ISBN, MPN, EAN, UPC, and SKU. You can filter products by category, advertisers, brand, price, and discount amount as well.
2. Once you enter your criteria, scroll down and hit the “FIND” button. Products matching your search will appear in the window to the right.
a. You will notice, if you entered a keyword, the list of Advertisers changes to reflect the merchants who offer any of the products which were returned in search results.
3. Hover over a product you wish to include in your gallery and hit the “Use Now” option. Any product you select will appear at the bottom of the window.
a. When you hover over a product card, please notice the other options like “Save to Gallery” which will allow you to save products to an already created gallery. If that product has already been saved to a gallery, a check mark will appear next to the gallery name. You can also select “Show Details” which will give you the product name and description along with unique identifier information. You can also “Add to Pinterest” from this menu.
4. When you are done choosing products, please hit “Go To Design”.
B. Building a Dynamic Gallery
Open the “Build a Gallery” page from the Curate dropdown menu in your dashboard. Here you will see the Curate For PopShops tool. A Dynamic Gallery is a gallery of products that you can save and then publish as a showcase from search filter selections only. You will not select individual products for this gallery type.
1. Chose and input all search criteria available; keyword or specific product identifier numbers including ISBN, MPN, EAN, UPC, and SKU. You can filter products by category, advertisers, brand, price, and discount amount.
2. Once you have a list of products which matches your search, simply hit the “Save as Dynamic Gallery” button in red at the top of the products window to save all search criteria. Give the dynamic gallery a name and click the check mark.
3. When you are done saving and naming your dynamic gallery, please click into the “Design” tab
Step 1: Design - Configuration
If you have not already, please save the name of the gallery you created. If you have already saved or you created a dynamic gallery, you can choose the gallery to design from the Gallery drop down list.
1. Since this is a brand new gallery, you can skip the Automatic Update section of the Design tab. This feature allows you to turn automatic updates on or off if you have already posted the gallery as a shoppable showcase to your live site. This means your live showcase will not change with updates being made until you are ready.
2. Set the product size
a. If you would like to adjust the width and height of the showcase manually, independent of the product size, use the “Set manually” for each option
3. Next, please choose the number of columns and rows you’d like in your showcase.
4. From the Product Data section, you can select if you would like the Brand, Advertiser, Price, and/or Sale Price to appear in your showcase. You can select the Always On, On Hover, or Don’t Show at all option for each.
5. If you would like to disable (its enabled by default) Pinterest pinning from this showcase, please click the Enable Pinning From Showcase check box to de-select.
6. If you would like your end users to be able to search through the showcase, please use the Enable Search box.
7. The Showcase Additional Text area of the Design – Configuration tab allows you to add a title, image, subtitle, description, and footer to the showcase. Anything filled in here will show on the live showcase on your site.
8. Next, please decide if you would like to use Auto Fill. This feature enables you to have Curate For PopShops automatically fill in products which become unavailable over time.
a. Auto Fill Option 1
i. Autofill will fill in any currently open spaces or spaces that become available with products from a specified Dynamic gallery. This means that you can specify a Dynamic Gallery and if a space becomes available in your showcase (like when a product you picked is no longer available) or if you simply set your showcase to have more spaces than picked products, Autofill will fill in those empty spaces with products from your selected Dynamic Gallery.
b. Auto Fill Option 2
i. Autofill will fill in all possible spaces from your specified Dynamic gallery. This means that after your hand selected products, Autofill will fill the showcase with all the products from the Dynamic gallery you choose.
9. The last step on this page is to fill in a U1 value if desired. This is a tracking ID or unique identifier you can add to a showcase to identify when a sale is made from this showcase on your site. This identifier will show in affiliate network reporting. For example, if you have a showcase of all jeans, you can add a U1 value of ‘jeans’ to the showcase. Every time a sale is made by a user who clicks through to a merchant site from that showcase, the value ‘jeans’ will appear in reporting.
Step 2: Design – Style
1. From the Style menu, you can select a theme for your showcase if you already have one saved. You can also create a new theme and save it to be applied to other showcases in the future.
2. In the Product Data section, you can select font options to match your showcase to your site’s design. The font options include font type, font size, bold, italics, underscore, word layout and color.
3. Showcase Additional Text will allow you to choose the same font options as above for the title, subtitle, description, and footer you created for your showcase.
4. The last option in the Style section is Showcase Border. Please pick if your showcase will have no border, a full showcase border, a border around individual products only, or a border around the full showcase and products. Next select the color and pixel width.
Step 3: Publish